If you like to argue, but are not really sure why or how, then this class is for you!
In this course, you will:
- identify and analyze stylistic and rhetorical elements in various mediums to understand how meaning is shaped and articulated.
- apply stylistic and rhetorical elements in your own expository and inventive writing.
- participate in and lead academically rigorous seminars.
- analyze and evaluate the relationship of readers, raised with the assumptions of the American culture, interacting with texts produced by that same culture.
- choose voice, tone, and content of writing to suit a variety of audiences and purposes.
- write formal papers that go through the full steps of the writing process.
- have a boat load of fun finding out how and why we are able to convince people to do, act, buy, and think.